It's Your Aptitude, Not Just Your Attitude, That Determines Your Altitude" - Zig Ziglar

Learn If your Primary Network Marketing Program has the 7 Critical Elements to Guarantee your Success

Become A Chronic Enthusiast, Nothing Truly Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiam!

Sign Up For Free Cash Flow Magic Newsletter ($49.00 Value)
Email Address:
First Name:
Last Name:

Saturday, October 28, 2006

This article posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 by Merideth Cohr.

Merideth Cohr is a true Internet Marketer in every respect. She has the insight and the touch, and I am a Big Fan....she has some of the best blogs for everyday use in terms of perspective and where we need to pay attention.......George Marshall

LEAD Your Network Marketing Team to Success




Today, I'm going to share a certain philosophy with you that my friend Tony Rush shared with me. It is a philosophy that literally caused me to lose money during my first three years in online business.But, I'll tell you upfront that it is noble and admirable. It'll get you warm smiles and a pat on the back from your sponsor. But it will sidetrack your focus to an area of great failure. Here it is...Merideth Cohr

"I'm not going to focus on my success. I'm going to only focus on the success of those in my team. I'm not going to worry about my income. If I can just get my team making money, then I know my bank account will be great."

Sounds good right? It certainly looks good on paper. And it is probably the single philosophy your upline has taught you (other than buying lead after lead after useless lead)...But, the philosophy is totally backwards.

Here's the philosophy of a leader...

"My first responsibility to my team is for me to be successful. The best thing I can do for my team is to LEAD by example, to SET the pace, to SHOW them what's possible. To be laser-focused on my goals so that they can clearly see that they, too, can have the same experience as I."

I cannot do that if I'm spending my time commiserating with my teammates about their challenges. I cannot do this if I'm sitting by the side of the road sympathizing with them as though I'm having the same struggles. I cannot do this if I engage in conversations with them that do nothing but reinforce the level of thinking that's producing their current results.

I can only do this by encouraging them to GET UP and run alongside me. There, I can encourage and support them. But I'm not sitting in the ditch holding their hands. That's an activity that's sure to decrease my own profits and make me useless to my team.I cannot earn a check for another human being.

Subsequently, I can never build my own income by spending my time trying to coax someone to build theirs. I build my income by taking leadership and responsibility for my OWN business. And when I do this in front of my team, I'm giving them the highest level of support and service that is possible.This doesn't sit well with the "warm and fuzzy" crowd.

This doesn't sit well with those who want to be on the Work-At-Home Peace Corp. But, every top earner I've met...every person I've known who's earning six figures per year and up agrees with the statements above.

Or, to put it in a smaller nutshell: sympathy and empathy are NOT the same thing. Look it up and see what I mean...Tony's a smart man right?

I continue to learn from him and I hope you will continue to learn from me.

Yours in Greater Success,

Merideth

technorati tags:

1 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Merideth Cohrs said...

Hi George,

Thanks for the wonderful compliment! I'm glad you're getting a lot out of my blog...YOU are the reason I write :)

Yours in Greater Success,
Merideth
http://YourGreaterSuccess.Blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home